Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Budget Rent a Car System, Inc. is an American car rental company that was founded in 1958 in Los Angeles, California by Morris Mirkin. Budget's operations are headquartered in Parsippany-Troy Hills Township, New Jersey.
With its original fleet of 10 cars the company lived up to the 'Budget' name by undercutting the daily and per mile rental rates of the established airport based car rental companies. Mirkin was joined in 1959 byJulius Lederer (husband of Ann Landers). In 1960 the headquarters was moved to Chicago, Illinois and the rental fleet expanded with franchised and wholly owned rental outlets.
The company was eventually acquired by Transamerica Corporation, and then sold in 1986 in a leveraged buyout by Gibbons, Green and van Amerongen Ltd., along with management (led by CEO Clifton E. Haley) and selected investors. It was taken public in 1987.
The public company was purchased by Team Rental Group in 1997, which took the name Budget Group. In 2002 the company's assets were sold to Cendant Corporation, which also owned Avis. In September 2006 Cendant Corporation separated into four independent companies by spinning off its real estate division, now called Realogy, Inc., and its hospitality services division, now Wyndham Worldwide, and by selling its travel distribution services division, called Travelport, Inc., to an affiliate of The Blackstone Group. In 2006, following the Travelport sale, Cendant, now composed solely of its vehicle rental services businesses, renamed itself Avis Budget Group.
Of the approximately 800 Budget Rental Car locations in the U.S., 600 are company-operated locations and 200 are licensee locations. Internationally, there are 150 company-operated locations and 1,800 licensees. 
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
|Use a trio of colors for a smokey eye. You need one color the shade of your skin, one light color for a highlight & a deep color to achieve the depth in your crease for the smokey effect.|
From Left to Right
- MAC Eyeshadow in Grain $14.50 - Use a fluffy eyeshadow brush (I like to use the MAC 217 Blending Brush $22.50 to apply the medium toned shade all over my eyelid up to my eyebrow. Use circular motions to make sure you completely & evenly blend the color.
- MAC Eyeshadow in Shroom $14. 50 - Use the same MAC 217 Blending Brush to apply the lightest color right below your eyebrow & blend well. This step can also be done last.
- MAC Eyeshadow in Folie $14.50 - Use an eyeshadow brush (I recommend the MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush $24.50) with the darkest color. Pack the color onto the brush & then pack it in the crease of your eye. I like to also apply color to the outer corner of the top lash line .
- Use the MAC 217 Blending Brush in circular motions to blend the darkest color so it melds together well. You do not want to see where on color starts & another ends.
- Repeat step #3 if you want a more intense color.
- Line your upper and lower lid with your preferred pencil. I love MAC Kohl pencils & Sephora Long Lasting Eye Liner $10.
- Pile on 2 or 3 coats of mascara onto (CLEAN) lashes.
- Fill in any sparse areas in you eyebrows. This will complete your look. I love MAC!
Tip: This smokey eye can be done with any trio of colors. Apply the medium toned color all over your eyelid, up to your eyebrow. Apply the lightest color under your eyebrow as a highlight. Use the deepest color in your crease & DON’T FORGET TO BLEND!
Tip: A great way to make this look stand out is to use a deep metallic/shimmery color in your crease. Another way to transition the look from day to night!
Friday, August 26, 2011
Mansory is really the best and most prestigious tuner in the whole world, so we were in a bit of surprise when we saw this! A Paris Hilton must have ordered it, right?! Nope, the Vitesse Rose is an official production of Mansory for the 2009 IAA. Unfortunately though only make 3 units of it! ? by Mansory?
Based on the carbon fiber bonnet and carbon . It also has a new and 21 inch rims. LED daylight running lights are also integrated in the front apron. Speed, the car gets the regular Mansory bodykit which is one of the coolest ever made for this car, with naked The Continental’s standard engine is a 6.0-liter, twin-turbo W12 that pumps out 552 horsepower and 479 pound-feet of torque and sends its power to all four wheels via a six-speed automatic transmission. With a 0-60 time of just 4.4 seconds, a quarter-mile performance of 12.8 seconds and a top speed approaching 200 mph, the Continental GT is a super car in every sense. The Continental GT Speed gets the twin-turbo W12 boosted up to
600 and torque is upped to a whopping 553 lb-ft.
The Bentley Continental GT has amazing performance for such a big car. With gobs of horsepower, all-wheel drive, and tons of cabin room make this car nothing short of amazing!
Your Bentley is a beautiful pieces of engineering, so why not do everything you can to keep it that way?
Mercury Insurance Group - Low rates and a dedicated local agent—
a winning combination
Mesothelioma, more precisely malignant mesothelioma, is a rare form of cancer that develops from the protective lining that covers many of the body's internal organs, the mesothelium. It is usually caused by exposure to asbestos.
Its most common site is the pleura (outer lining of the lungs and internal chest wall), but it may also occur in the peritoneum (the lining of the abdominal cavity), the pericardium (a sac that surrounds theheart), or the tunica vaginalis (a sac that surrounds the testis).
Most people who develop mesothelioma have worked on jobs where they inhaled asbestos, or they have been exposed to asbestos dust and fiber in other ways. It has also been suggested that washing the clothes of a family member who worked with asbestos can put a person at risk for developing mesothelioma. Unlike lung cancer, there is no association between mesothelioma and smoking, but smoking greatly increases the risk of other asbestos-induced cancers. Those who have been exposed to asbestos have collected damages for asbestos-related disease, including mesothelioma. Compensation via asbestos funds or lawsuits is an important issue in law practices regarding mesothelioma (see asbestos and the law).
The symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath due to pleural effusion (fluid between the lung and the chest wall) or chest wall pain, and general symptoms such as weight loss. The diagnosis may be suspected with chest X-ray and CT scan, and is confirmed with a biopsy (tissue sample) and microscopic examination. A thoracoscopy (inserting a tube with a camera into the chest) can be used to take biopsies. It allows the introduction of substances such as talc to obliterate the pleural space (called pleurodesis), which prevents more fluid from accumulating and pressing on the lung. Despite treatment withchemotherapy, radiation therapy or sometimes surgery, the disease carries a poor prognosis. Research about screening tests for the early detection of mesothelioma is ongoing.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
When most people think of iconic bags from Bottega Veneta, the Knot clutch comes to mind. The Bottega Veneta Knot Clutch recently celebrated its 30th anniversary with an exhibit that traveled worldwide featuring over 50 renditions of the Knot. Upon taking the reins as Creative Director in 2001, Tomas Maier recognized the special quality of the rounded box clutch. Maier created the knot closure which he modeled after a leather knot. This addition to the box clutch gave the bag its name, the Knot.
The Knot continues to be reinvented every season, from the classics to the ornate and fanciful. Many styles of the Knot clutch are extremely limited in availability, some with 100 pieces made and others with as few as 25 pieces. You can always expect innovative ideas from Bottega Veneta when it comes to their Knot. For more visit Bottega Veneta online.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
|By now you've heard how lovely Kim Kardashian's wedding ceremony was. And now it's time to see for yourself!|
E! News has obtained exclusive footage from Kim's big day, from the bride walking down the aisle on stepdad Bruce Jenner's arm to Kim and Kris Humphries holding hands and gazing into each other's eyes at the altar.
Check out the packed house, the flowers, the black and white decor, the bridal party and—if you're into that kind of thing—Kim's stunning Vera Wang gown!
Friday, August 19, 2011
|On Saturday, the blushing bride will say "I do" to Kris Humphries in a lavish ceremony in Montecito. |
Most details about Kim's wedding day look have been kept top secret, but here's the 411 we do have about her bridal kouture:1. Kimmy's wedding dress will be created by Vera Wang. The 62-year-old designer is an old family friend who also dressed little sister Khloe Kardashian Odom for her nuptials last year. Other boldfaced names who've donned Wang on their wedding day include Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez, Chelsea Clinton, Ivanka Trump and Elin Nordegren, among others.
2. The dress will be amazing and fit like a glove. The reality star has tweeted about numerous fittings at the designer's NYC boutique and was spotted at the Vera Wang Melrose boutique this week. "OMG seriously did we nail it today or what @VeraWangGang!" she shared on Twitter. "I honestly can't wait!!! Can u believe we are almost here!"
PHOTOS: Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries: Road to the altar
3. Her bridal hair will be an elegant updo, according to Awful Truth sources. That sounds just about right for this glamorous black-tie event.
4. Kim will smell like love. Uh, say what? The star revealed on Twitter that she'll be spritzing Love, her own limited-edition (only 1,000 bottles were produced) fragrance, on her wedding day, natch.
5. She'll be walking down the aisle in sky-high platform heels. OK, that's a huge guess on our part, but with Kimmy at a petite 5-foot-2 and Kris standing tall at 6-foot-9, there's a high probability that she'll have a pair of fabulous heels to help bridge that height gap.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Sunday, August 14, 2011
|Wedge heels by nature are a fashionable choice,|
by just choosing to wear them, you up
your fashion quotient.